Friday, January 18, 2008

Error on ajax.asp.net - sys is undefined

I am developing an application (module ) for DNN 4.8 (Project Structure:WAP). I was in the process of moving my application from VS2005 to VS2008. I downloaded the source code for DNN 4.8, and opened it in VS2008. I compiled and ran it and started receiving this dreaded "Sys is missing" error.More specifically, I was recieving:Handler 'AJAX_ScriptResourceHandler' has a bad module 'ManagedPipelineHandler' in its module list

I discovered this using Firefox's Firebug plugin, which allowed me to view the scripts that were used in rendering the page. It allowed me to see the error when it tried to enter the script.

After spending a day scouring the internet for some news on this, I saw something on http://forums.iis.net/p/1054083/1533808.aspx that grabbed my attention.

Even though the info on that forum post was somewhat vaguely close to my scenario, it pointed me to this site:http://www.iis.net/articles/view.aspx/IIS7/Hosting-Web-Applications/ASP-NET/Upgrading-ASP-NET-1-1-to-IIS7-on-Windows-Vista---L?Page=3
Which explained to be the difference between Classic and Integrated mode.

It was then that I decided to change the application pool that I was running my DNN app in from Integrated to Classic. After recycling the app pool, my application loaded as expected.

YAY!

No comments: